You are warmly welcome to participate in the worship and work of the Anglican Parish of Taree.
There are three churches in the Parish;
- St John the Divine, VictoriaStreet, Taree,
- St Mark the Evangelist, Hooke Street, Chatham, and
- Lady of Fatima Church, Hall Street, Old Bar. The Church at Old Bar is the property of the Roman Catholic Church, and it is used by both communities.
The first Anglican Service in Taree was conducted in 1845, and the first Church was constructed two years later. The foundation stone of the present Church of St John the Divine was laid in 1954, and the building is a landmark in the Manning Valley. There is a large illuminated blue cross on top of the tower, and the Church is often referred to as the ‘Blue Cross Church’. The Church stands on the north bank of the Manning River, and it is on the west side of the long bridge.
The people of the Anglican Parish of Taree seek to serve God in worship, teaching, pastoral care and mission. We welcome all people, and we seek to affirm Jesus’ teaching that he is amongst us as one who serves.